Instant Pot Chicken Florentine is a super flavorful chicken dinner recipe with vegetables in a creamy garlic parmesan sauce. Serve this over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes and you have a restaurant quality dinner at home in just minutes.
Chicken Florentine served over pasta in a serving bowl. Instant Pot Chicken Florentine is an amazing dinner recipe that will impress your family! While it tastes as it came from a restaurant kitchen, it takes hardly any prep and the cooking time is only 11 minutes! I love this meal for serving to guests because it looks beautiful with the colors of the spinach and the red peppers poking through the sauce!
Don’t have an Instant Pot yet? What are you waiting for! I can make delicious dinners in less than 10 minutes in my six quart Instant Pot! It is definitely a game-changing appliance for your kitchen!
Chicken Tenders in creamy garlic parmesan sauce – Chicken Florentine Instant pot meal
INSTANT POT CHICKEN FLORENTINE
Florentine method consists of a protein like chicken or fish served with a creamy garlic cheese sauce and spinach. We’ve updated this recipe and given it a new life, adding onions, red peppers, and mushrooms for extra color and flavor. B cooking it in the instant pot, you’ll have your meal ready in under 15 minutes!
If you are looking for a delicious but easy chicken dinner recipe for the Instant Pot, then you will love this Chicken Florentine recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN FLORENTINE IN THE INSTANT POT
- Heat the pot on the saute function until it says “hot,” then add oil and seasoned chicken tenders. Cook 1-2 minutes or until brown, then flip and brown the other side.
- After 2 minutes, add chicken stock to deglaze the pan, scraping any bits off the bottom. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic and set to pressure cook on high for 4 minutes then naturally release pressure.
- In a separate bowl, whisk parmesan cheese and half & half together.
- Once the pressure is released, switch back to the saute function and transfer the chicken to a plate. Add the parmesan mixture, spinach, red peppers, and mushrooms. Stir, then let cook for several minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add the chicken back to the pot and stir so everything is coated in the sauce.
- Taste and add salt as needed, then serve immediately.
COOKING VEGETABLES IN THE INSTANT POT
The secret to this Chicken Florentine recipe is all the yummy vegetables. I used red onions, mushrooms, spinach, and roasted red peppers, all flavor powerhouses that really make this dish special! Mushrooms cook really well in the Instant Pot because they are able to withstand the high pressure and not disintegrate. I add the roasted red peppers and spinach at the end and let them cook into the sauce on the saute function. This also gives your sauce some time to thicken.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN TENDERS IN THE INSTANT POT
While I love to make a big batch of shredded chicken breasts in the Instant Pot, chicken tenders also come out really well! You just want to be careful not overcook them. You MUST naturally release your chicken, or it will be tough.
CAN YOU FREEZE LEFTOVER CHICKEN FLORENTINE?
This recipe does not lend itself to be frozen very well. The cheese sauce will break upon reheating and the vegetable tend to get a little mushy.
You can however store this meal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave on 50% power.